7.12.16

Grammar: the basic tenses and you

(A2), B1, B2, (C1)

How many times have you learnt how to use the different tenses in English, only to forget how to use them a few weeks later?  One way to remember them is to memorize one key sentence about yourself for each of the main tenses.  

That is what you will do in this activity. But first you are going to do an exercise to revise some of the basic tenses. You will also review the corresponding question forms. Activity time: 25 to 45 minutes


Task:

1  Go to the revision activity. Complete the example sentences. Each section ends with a question. Write down an answer to each question. The revision activity is here.

2  Now use these ideas to note down some key sentences about yourself .

     I work.... 
     I lived....from....to....  
     I studied.... for....
     I'm working.....   
     I'm.... next week
     I was living....when....
     I've.... for....
     I've.... since....
     I've never....
     I've just.... 
     I'll....if....
     I probably won't....




No comments:

Post a Comment